STRUCTURE: The Riverdale Municipality Council consists of the mayor and six Councillors with the term of office being four years. Your representatives for municipal affairs are:
- Mayor Todd Gill
- Councillor Alastair McFadden
- Bio: I grew up on a family farm three miles SE of Rivers where I continue to work growing grain and poultry with my dad, uncle and brother. In 2008 I graduated high school from RCI and then went on to attain a degree in Agriculture from the University of Manitoba in 2013 where I served on a number of student bodies. I continue to remain active in our community as President of the Comets Senior Baseball team and as a volunteer at the United Church in various capacities. I believe the future for Riverdale is very bright. We have a strong foundation to build upon, and I look forward to working with everyone as we continue to grow for many years to come. I am proud to call Rivers my home!
- Councillor Ken Tait
- Bio: Ken was born and raised in Rivers. He graduated from Rivers Collegiate in 1981 and was employed at North American Lumber until 1986. Ken spent the next 30 plus years managing Building Materials stores. He served as the Manager of NAL in Rivers until it was bought by Rivers Home Hardware Building Centre in 2018 which he he continues to Manage. In 1991, Ken married Shauna (Edwards), also born and raised in Rivers, and together they raised their two sons, Jaydon & Josh. Having lived in Neepawa for 15 years, they decided to return home to Rivers in 2005. Having a strong sense of community and the desire to see our town be proactive, Ken decided to run for council. He was elected for his first term in 2010 and re-elected in 2014, to the newly amalgamated Riverdale Municipality. Ken has served on various committees and especially enjoys the challenge and rewards from the RCC and CDC committees. Ken enjoys living in the small-town community atmosphere, friendly people and a great place to raise a family.
- Councillor Ian Dyer
- Councillor Everett Smith
- Bio: I was raised on a family farm just east of Rivers and attended school in Rivers. My childhood years included sports, music and minor mischief. After graduating, I worked in home renovation and later, road construction/resurfacing. I returned to school as a “mature student” and earned my Ag Business Diploma. Since that time, I have been employed by the federal government with Ag Canada. In 2012, I moved back to the community at Chimo Resort, where I currently reside. I have also been fortunate enough to end up working back where I started, on the family farm. I still enjoy sports and music, but try not to participate in minor mischief anymore. My decision to run for office was motivated by the desire to better understand how our community functions, and participate in preparing it for in the future.
- Councillor Dave Falkevitch
- Bio: I was born,raised and attended school in Russell, Manitoba then moved to Brandon to work at Simplot in 1971. My wife Donna and I were married in 1980 and in 1981 we moved to the former Daly municipality. We raised two daughters (Kirstie and Kassia) and all four of us have been involved in community activities, sports,dance club, school band , church, legion and Chamber of Commerce. In 2006 I joined the Daly council and have continued on to become part of the amalgamated Riverdale Municipality. In 2013 we moved from our farm to the Chimo area and are thoroughly enjoying life “at the lake”. Donna and I are still very active in church, Legion, Rivers Curling Club, Rivers Game and Fish Association and Rivers Chamber of Commerce. We travel to the Maritimes regularity to visit our younger daughter and son in law and to Alaska to visit our eldest daughter and son in law. Life in Riverdale is great!
- Councillor David Creighton
- Bio: Councillor David Creighton was elected to Riverdale Municipality Council in October of 2018. He sits on the Police Board as well as the CDC committee. This is David’s first term as an elected official. Councillor Creighton grew up in Moosomin, Sask and is married to Lesley (Ratz) Creighton. They have 3 children – Aimee (15), Logan (13), and Cole (9). The Creighton family moved to Rivers from the Calgary area in 2012, as Lesley is originally from the area. Lesley teaches @ Rivers Elementary, and David is the CEO of Brandon Flight Centre. Prior to moving back, Lesley taught in Airdrie, Ab. and David was an Operations Manager with WestJet in Calgary. Councillor Creighton is a proud member of Rivers/Daly Fire Department, and well as an EMT with Rivers EMS. His kids are actively involved in the community as well with Aimee assisting coaching the CanSkate program, and Logan & Cole both playing with the Rivers Jets. David is proud to serve his community and looks forward to working on various projects & initiatives in the Municipality with his fellow Councillors.
Chief Administrative Officer – Kat Bridgeman
Assistant Administrative Officer – Marci Quane
Manager Community Services – Brianne Gatzke
Municipal Operations Foreman – Craige Madden
Animal Control – Dallas Murray
Municipal Employees & Riverdale Municipality Organizational Structure
Riverdale Strategic Plan – November 19, 2018