MWM CURBSIDE RECYCLING
All recyclables in ONE CART means no sorting, bagging, or trying recyclables: place all material loose in your bin.
Shredded paper should be bagged and tied shut as well.
Do Not Bag or Tie:
- Paper Fiber Materials (newspapers, flyers, magazines, telephone books, brown paper bags, egg cartons, cereal boxes, etc)
- Containers & Glass (aluminum soft drink & beer cans, glass food beverage containers, milk cartons, plastic soft drink and water bottles)
- Household plastic containers and bottles – must have the recycling arrows with a number (1, 2, 4, 5, 7) on the bottom
How to use your CURBSIDE RECYCLING
- Your cart will be emptied every-other-week
- To ensure your cart gets emptied have it to the curb by 7 AM
- After the cart has been emptied please removed it from the curb and place in a safe spot
- Only recyclables INSIDE the cart will be collected
- Please notify us if your cart is damaged, stolen or vandalized
- Please keep the cart clean and take care of it
- Leave space between the cart and any obstruction
- If you have any questions about how to use your cart, please contact the office
MWM offers a Cart Assistance Program that is available for the elderly & disabled who are unable to pull their cart to the curb. Please call our office to make arrangements!
VISIT www.mwmltd.ca to print service calendars or create service reminders!
Do Not Recycle
- Any bagged materials (excluding shredded paper). This allows materials to be sorted later in the recycling process and reduces the cost of processing
- Wax, food contaminated, or plastic coated cardboard, cups, or paper plates
- Soiled tissues, napkins, and paper towels or food waste of any kind
- Styrofoam or other foam packings
- Household garage, organic, hazardous or regulated waste
- Medical waste or diapers
- Hazardous materials such as paint, chemicals, or solvents
- Ashes, dirt, concrete, or other heavy materials
- Construction material such as boards, roofing materials, and carpet
- Automotive parts, tires, oil filters, or oil
- Propane tanks, electrical cords, batteries
- Clear plastic clam shell containers without recycling arrows and numbers 1 through 7
- Plastic bags, toys or Tupperware
- Outdoor lawn furniture
- No cups, dishes, ashtrays, window glass, mirrors, Pyrex, ceramics, light bulbs or crystal
- No animal waste (including cat litter)
- Tree branches, grass clippings or leaves
- Electronics of any kind
- Snack food packages or sandwich bags
- Clothing or bedding of any kind
Recycling Depot Information
- The Recycling Depot is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We no longer need to sort recycling. Paper, plastics, cans, glass and newspaper can be dropped off together.
- Absolutely no garbage must be included with recycling.