Click here to view the 2014 Rivers and Area Business Telephone Directory.
The Town of Rivers and the R.M. of Daly have a wide variety of services available to the residents of the area. Many of the businesses have direct payment available. A Credit Union is located in the downtown area of Rivers. Tempo Place and Rivers Bigway both have money machines available during business hours.
Agriculture Service & Supplies
- Conquest Trucking – grain hauling
- Daly Truck & Tractor Repair
- G5 Farms – transport
- G & D Farms – eggs
- Grain Doctor – seed cleaning
- Grainex Commodities Trading – grain trading
- Madden’s Repair – equipment repair
- Redfern Farm Services – bulk fuel & oil dealer, farm hardware
- Redsper Enterprises Ltd
- Riverdale Grain
- Springland Manufacturing – in-bin grain auger manufacturing
- Thomson Forage & Grass Seeds
- Way-Mor Agencies – crop Insurance
- Tempo Place Emporium – restaurant, gas bar and convenience store
- Way-Mor Agencies – autopac licensing
- Daly Truck & Tractor Repair
- International Raw Materials Ltd. – fertilizer distribution
Hotel and Motel Rooms
- Home and Away Lodge – 2 large suites with Kitchen and Laundry. Will be expanding in the spring.
Construction & Hardware
- Artic Roofing & Siding
- B & G Electric – electrical wiring
- Froese Bros. Construction – excavation
- Gill Farms – hauling, demolition, excavation
- Gills Plumbing & Heating – plumbing & heating service
- Kingdom Construction – renovations, new construction, decks & fences, built-in furniture
- Kowalchuk Enterprises – electrical wiring
- Kris Farquhar Construction
- Kroeger Backhoe Services Ltd. – Excavation, Plumbing/Heating, Demolition, Gravel, Floor Heat, Boilers.
- Kroeger Bros. Electric
- M & M Drilling – water drilling
- Madden Repair Ltd. – small engine repair & welding
- North American Lumber – lumber yard
- Rivers Home Hardware – hardware store
- Raven Trucking
- T&S Enterprises – construction
- Veitch Electric – commercial and residential electrical
- Vickery Construction
- Wedderburn Septic Service – septic service
- Westman Mobile Welding Ltd.
- W.S Ramsay Construction
Food & Beverage
- West Avenue Steakhouse
- Forbidden Flavors – coffee and more
- Pop-In Food Stand & Mini Golf – concession stand
- Rivers Bigway Foods
- Royal Canadian Legion – licensed lounge
- Super Thrifty Drug Mart – liquor mart
- Tempo Place Emporium – restaurant, gas bar and convenience Store
- Lee’s Restaurant
- A & D Training & Consulting Ltd. – business, organization and corporation development
- A & R’s Racing – cars
- Accent Roofing
- Angie’s Hair Salon & Gift Shop – hair salon
- ASTN Computers – build, repair, program computers & more
- BTN Accounting
- Baby Cakes – gift baskets
- Butterfly Consultations – Wedding/Event Co-ordinator, Food Safety Training, healthy living shop
- Canada Post – post office
- Carreg Clay Studio – pottery classes, artisan gift shop, seasonal plants (The Trestle Greenhouse)
- Carol’s Time Again Treasures – New, Nearly New, & Collectables ~ everything plus the kitchen sink shop
- Chimo Small Engine Repair
- Eisler Apiaries – honey production
- Eye Level Landscaping – landscaping and salvage
- Floral Cove – fresh flower designs and arrangements
- G & D Farms – eggs
- Gillingham Catering
- Hair Dynamics – hair salon
- Handyman Services – Aaron Smethurst
- Happy Feet by Deborah – reflexology
- Hunt Miller & Combs – lawyer
- Ken Kane Aerial Spraying
- Knotty Niv – stump grinding
- Knight Accounting
- Mann Apiaries – honey production, candles, body products, honey based condiments, gift baskets
- Marriott’s Greenhouse and Nursery – greenhouse
- Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Maxine’s Costume Rental
- Miller’s Yard Service
- Norm’s Kustom Korral Kleaning
- Party Jockeys – DJ/music
- Prairie Crocus Regional Library
- Riverdale Harvest Food Bank
- Rivers Banner – weekly paper
- Rivers Handi-Transit
- Rivers Laundromat – laundromat, dry cleaning service
- Rivers Senior Services
- Rivers Taxi
- Rolling Dale Enterprises – thrift shop, recycling, support services
- Rolling Spokes – Your 1st in Home Health Care Products
- Root Cellar Hair Salon
- Sears Canada – catalogue order outlet
- Southwest Storage – storage facilities
- Sprenger Enterprises – Engineering & Technical Support Contracting Services
- Star Limo – limousine service
- Super Thrifty Drug Mart – pharmacy
- Swaz Enterprises – janitorial, home care and transportation services
- The Crafty Scrapper – scrapbooking supplies, craft supplies and classes
- The Trestle Greenhouse – greenhouse and garden centre
- Valdine’s Therapeutic Massage Therapy
- VIA Rail
- Way-Mor Agencies – insurance agent, real estate agent, investments, travel agent
- Wedderburn’s Septic Service
- Westman Mobile Welding Ltd.
- Westman Painting & Decorating
- Westoba Credit Union
- Wheatland Ironworks
CDC – Community Development Corporation
The Rivers Daly Community Development Corporation co-ordinates economic and community development initiatives for the Town of Rivers and the RM of Daly. The priorities for the CDC include:
Business Assistance, Community Works Loans Program, Strategic Planning, Advocacy and Research, Community Promotion and Tourism, as well as General Community Development. The Rivers Daly CDC is managed by a board of directors. The Mayor of Rivers, the Reeve of the RM of Daly, two town council members, two RM of Daly council members, two residents from the town of Rivers, as well as two residents from the RM of Daly make up the board.
There are 3 privately owned/operated-licensed children’s daycare services in Rivers.
West Avenue Steakhouse and Lounge
660-2nd Ave, Rivers, Manitoba, R0K 1X0
Phone: (204) 328-7938
Hours: Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Closed all Stat Holidays and Last Tuesday of the Month.
Pastas, chicken, pizzas and steaks, etc
540-2nd Ave, Rivers, Manitoba, R0K 1X0
Phone: (204) 328-7502
Hours: Tuesday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Friday to Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Offers a licensed dining room that accommodates 50 people. Mastercard, Visa, and direct payment are accepted. Take-out service is available.
Tempo Place Restaurant & Lounge
669-1st Ave, Rivers, Manitoba, R0K 1X0
Phone: (204) 328-7730
Hours: 3 p.m. – midnight 7 days a week.
Offers a licensed dining room and lounge that seats 75 people. Master Card, Visa, and direct payment are accepted. Take-out service is available. A bank machine is also on site.
In the Town of Rivers, there are several houses for sale at any given time, with real estate sales being more active during the summer months. The price of a home in this area varies depending on the size and age of the house, which means a house can be found to meet any budget. While there are several lots available for sale and development, the Town of Rivers is actively pursuing more land for housing purposes. Historically, acreages have sold very quickly and therefore there are a limited number for sale at any particular time.
NEW! The newly developed Lake Road Subdivision, located on the north side of the community, close to the Provincial Park currently has 7 lots available. Six lots available for walk out designed homes! There is also an infill program currently available from the Town of Rivers. For more details, please call the Town of Rivers at 328-5250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on ‘Lots For Sale’ icon at left for more photos.
There are a limited number of homes available for rent; therefore, the vacancy rates are rather low. Rivers has six apartment buildings with a total of 20 units.
Landfill Site Hours of Service
Mondays & Wednesdays – 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturdays – 9:30 am to 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Mondays – 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Saturdays – 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Available Daily papers: Brandon Sun, Winnipeg Sun, Winnipeg Free Press
Weekly Entertainment/Info Publication: Deadwood
Local Weekly paper: Rivers Banner
A number of radio station broadcasts can be received from Brandon and Winnipeg on both AM and FM dials. There are also radio broadcasts available from other communities such as Yorkton, Dauphin, Portage and Boissevain.
There are 4 main television services available in and around Rivers. Westman Cable TV from Brandon is offered to the residents of Rivers. This service offers approximately 70 channels and a local Access channel for local events such as sports, music, and events of local interest. Bell Express Vu and Sky Cable are also available. The Town of Rivers and the R.M. of Daly both receive signal from Global Television out of Winnipeg.
Internet access is available in Rivers and the R.M. of Daly. The local providers are MTS, Inet Link, Westman Cable, and Prairie Online.
Personal Care Home
The Riverdale Personal Care Home
The Riverdale Personal Care Home is a 20-bed facility that offers quality care for Levels Two to Four residents. Services available on request include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietary, and medical services. Other services include housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance. The activity staff at the home gives residents the opportunity to keep active. Activity programs include exercise programs, outings, Bingos, church services, baking, entertainment, celebrations, socializing, and one-to-one interaction.
Rolling Dale Enterprises Workshop – 533-2nd Avenue – north entrance off lane
- Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, NO SORTING NECESSARY
- Any Time – items must be sorted before depositing into allocated bins on alley, east of Rolling Dale building
Sort items*: all paper; boxboard; milk/juice cartons; containers – tin, aluminum, plastic
*glass or corrugated card board must be taken to Rolling Dale or the Depot – not in bins, please
*plastic bags are to be taken to Bigway Foods
Recycling Depot – on Taylor Road, on the road to curling rink
Open 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
(Not open July & August)
RIVERDALE MANOR is a 12-suite facility for seniors ages 55 and older. This facility contains four one-bedroom suites and eight bachelor suites, as well as an activities area. Rent is based on income.
KIWANIS COURTS is a nine-suite housing complex suited for seniors ages 55 and older. This facility contains six one-bedroom suites, two single room suites, and a single large roomed suite. Seniors living in this complex are independent and capable of living without medical assistance.
WESTWOOD LODGE, built in 1989, is attached to the Riverdale Hospital. This facility houses one two-bedroom suite and eleven one-bedroom suites.
RIVERS LIONS VILLAGE There are 3 wonderful buildings, each has four two-bedroom apartments with a garage for each suite. It is located in a prime location of Rivers, within walking distance of downtown and the hospital. This housing complex is focused at people 55 years of age and older.
The nearest commercial airport is located in Brandon, 40 km (25 miles) from Rivers. The Brandon Airport offers flight training, chartered flights, and daily flights to Winnipeg, Regina, and Saskatoon.
Rail service is provided by Canadian National Railway. VIA Rail does stop in Rivers, but there is no passenger terminal or place to purchase tickets. The new Rivers Stationette does provide a well-lit, warm, secure waiting area for passengers boarding or arriving at Rivers. For ticket information, departure times and detailed travel information, visit VIA RAIL web site www.viarail.ca or call the toll free number 1-800-561-8630.
The Rivers Train Station Restoration Project committee is working hard to restore the former Rivers Train Station building to a viable property for heritage preservation and economic development. Visit www.riverstrainstationrestorationproject.blogspot.com for more information about the project.
There are 3 local trucking companies located in Rivers. Redline Transport provides three main types of services: general freight, hopper-bottom and flat deck. Redline provides service across the four western provinces and over thirty mid-western states. G-5 Farms which hauls everything, livestock to grain. (Call Lorne or Brenda at 328-7567 for info)
Rivers is accessible by two Provincial Highways, #25 (RTAC highway) and #250. The Rural Municipality of Daly is accessible by an additional highway, Provincial Trunk Highway #259 on its western border. For more information, contact the Manitoba Department of Highways.
The Trans Canada Highway, located 19.5 km (12 miles) south of the Town of Rivers and 1.6 km (1 mile) south of the R.M. of Daly, is a major east/west double-lane highway which starts at the Ontario/Manitoba border and extends to Vancouver, British Columbia. The Town of Rivers is 22.5 km (14 miles) west of P.T.H. #10. This north/south highway can take you as far south as the United States border, or as far north as Flin Flon, Manitoba. P.T.H. #10 crosses the United States border at the International Peace Gardens, where it turns into Highway 281. This highway continues to Brownsville, Texas, located in the southern tip of the state.
Rivers also has a Handi-Transit service available for the mobility disadvantaged residents of the town; however, tours and trips can be arranged through this service.
Star Limo offers luxurious transportation for those special occasions.